Friday, January 1, 2010

Cooking and new years party

Spent the day cooking the rest of the meal.  Made lamb stuffed with spinach and goat cheese, cod with black olive tapanade, roasted new potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise, stuffed mushrooms, brie stuffed puff pastry, and artichoke dip.  It took the entire day but I did manage to get in a bit of rest in the afternoon.

Dinner was at 8PM but people came late (I really should know to plan for 20 minutes for such events).  John and Marie showed up a couple of minutes before Bob and Burnedette and Chilie and Joyce.  Mark and Miriam and Josh were late but came just as we were finishing ordurves.  We had a wonderful meal and people really seamed to enjoy the various dishes.  Chilie was a big help in matching wines and dishes.  We greated the new years and people left about 2am.  It was close to 3am before BB and I got to bed.

I'd wanted to sleep in but by 7:30 both BB and I were wide awake.  Mark, Miriam, and Josh had stayed over.  I made a couple of stratas for breakfast.  We ate (I'll not want food for some time) and talked.  They left about 2PM. 

BB and I took our time cleaning up since we've another two days to get the house back together.  I was amazed at the glassware, dishes, etc. that we used.  Still it was a good time.

No comments: