Friday, January 15, 2010

Geocaching

Had to go to the vets today to get some more meds for Cindy.  So while I was out I took the opportunity to do a few caches in the area.

Dogs Gone Wild - I started here as it was plausibly near the vets.  Unfortunately, when I got there I realized that some recent "improvements" in my pocket query meant that this one was NOT in my GPS.  I had DNF it earlier so I had a good idea where GZ was and I new that it had been recently found so I went for it anyway since it was a short walk from the parking lot.  It's a good hide in an area with MANY good hiding places.  I just happened to catch a bit of sunlight glint from the container and somewhat to my surprise I found it and signed the log.
This Little Piggy Had None - BB and I had been to see Avatar at the nearby IMAX yesterday there were a number of the "Little Piggy" caches that had been recently found.  So I went to find this one.  I had a good idea from Google Maps where this one was and didn't even bother with my GPS.  I found it quickly but not realizing that there was a log inside Mz Piggy so I went on to the next one.  While there I found out that the pig opened so I drove back and sign the log. 
This Little Piggy Had Roast Beef - This is just up the hill so away I went.  A quick check with the GPS and some experience lead me right to this little pig.  I signed the log and went on for a three pig day.
This Little Piggy Stayed Home - This was a few miles away but more or less on my way home so I stoped by and quickly found Mz Pig, signed the log, and continued caching.
2009 Boston Red Sox Roster Series – Yooooouuuuukk! - I'd found a couple in this series and since I was driving by on my way home I stoped for this one.  It was a bit of a hike and I needed the exercise so away I went.  At first I thought it was on the ball field side of the stream.  After discovering my error and finding the bridge I got on the other side of the stream and quickly found the cache.

It was getting a bit late so I headed home as I have other things to do today.  Here are the photos from my adventure.  No videos so no need to click through unless you want to see bigger images.  Thanks to all the owners for the caches.

No comments: