Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Geocaching in Bedford, Ma

After all the difficulty finding geocaches in the icy snow I went caching in Bedford today since there has been a number of recent finds there and with all the warm rain yesterday most of the snow is gone.  Here's what I tried for:

MBP - Cable, Do Not Dig - Found it.  There was easy parking in a nearby commercial building lot.  It was a short walk to GZ along a plowed path.  Found the cache after only a little searching.  It was a good hide of a style I've not seen before.  SL TNLN TFTC

MBP - Sub-Par - DNF.  It may have been muggled. This was nearby so I just walked over along the path.  There was some obvious trails toward GZ but I was not able to find the cache.  I did note some recent branches cut so I wonder a bit if the cache was muggled.  TFTC

MBP - Below Grade - DNF.  This one was just a bit further along the path across the street.  Surprisingly there was a fair bit of foot traffic while I was in the area.  I was able to look though and DNF.  TFTC.

MBP - Ghoulish Side Trip - Found it.  This was a fun cache.  I thought at first that it was in the cemetery.  It's NOT.  The cemetery itself was interesting particularly the Christmas decorations!  After I moved the car to the right location (good offroad parking near GZ past law offices) just a bit of searching and rereading the story lead me to the cache.  SL TNLN TFTC.  Cache needs a new log book.

MBP - PROJECT 6211 - Found it.  This is just a short drive from where I'd been so I went for it.  Good winter parking and the area around the cache was clear.  A bit of searching and the hint lead me to the cache.  SL.  TNLN. TFTC.

MBP - Bridge Crossing - Found it.  This cache is just a short walk from Project 6211.  There was a bit of muggle traffic including a unicyclist searching for somewhere to ride!  During a lull I found the cache.  Ice/snow can be an issue for this cache and there was a bit today but manageable.  SL TNLN TFTC

DLY #14 - On a wall - DNF.  I parked along Wildwood Dr. and walked in via a yellow/blue trail.  It crossed a couple of small streams via stepping stones.  Not ice/snow friendly but passable today.  I should have probably parked along Springs Rd.  Got to GZ ok but DNF among MANY good hiding places.

Here are the photos from today's adventure.  Click through to see larger images.  One possible spoiler.

No comments: