Saturday, January 16, 2010

Walk and geocache with John and Marie

Marie called and wanted to know if BB and I wanted to go for a walk.  We decided to combine it with a bit of geocaching and decided to try to find Witches Cove Trail.  Marie drove and away we went.  Parking was a bit muddy but otherwise OK.  The walk in is about 1.5 miles or so.  The cache is located near a lovely pond.  Well go back in the spring to revisit, perhaps walking in from the east side.

Once there we were able to quickly find the cache even though my GPS was fairly unstable among the trees.  We signed the log and did a bit of trading.  I left IB`s Caching in the Holidays Geocoin 2 since this should be an easy cache for others.  The cache was not particularly well hidden so we did a bit of work to improve the hide (it's still an easy find and right were we found it). 

The cache mentioned that the "Witches Cove" letterbox was nearby.  Since we were in the area we decided to look for it even though I didn't have the clues.  Just a bit of looking found it.  I don't have a stamp yet so we drew the image I planed to use and I stamped my book (first letterbox).  The letterbox was not at all well hidden so we decided to improve the cover after replacing it.

While picking up some additional cover for "Witches Cove" I found another letterbox "Luna Moth."  We "stamped" that one as well.  When we got home I tried to find a listing for the "Luna Moth" letterbox without success.  I'll have to do a bit more investigation.

We were interested in a bit more walking so we went out by looping around.  It's a bit further that was so the entire walk was close to 4 miles.

All in all a great day to be out particularly with the warmer weather (44F).  Here are the photos from this adventure.  No spoilers.  Click through to see larger images.

No comments: