Sunday, January 17, 2010

BB and I try for Abandoned

BB and I went out to Callahan N to try to find the Abandoned geocache.  Along the way I checked out parking for X marks the spot.  Still not good but there is parking on a side street near one of the trail heads.  Perhaps I'll try there. 

We drove on to the parking for Abandoned.  I'm not sure what the owner was thinking but it's just not there and I'm not sure it would be possible even in the summer.  Drove back to the parking lot about 1/8 mile down the road and we parked.  Walking on Edmunds Rd in the winter isn't much of a plan so we followed the trails around to the trail head.  This adds about 1/4 mile to the route.  Conditions were OK but the walking a bit dicey with the ice and wet from the recent warm.  We got to the trail head OK and started in.  Things were going well until we got to the hill.  There the trail turned rather poor with lots of ice, rocks, etc. on the side of a somewhat steep dropoff.

BB wasn't feeling well with a cold and given conditions we turned back.  Even so we had a nice walk of about 1.6 miles.

Dinner was scallops and a wilted spinach salad.  Yum.

No comments: