Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Voting and geocaching

Today was the primary for MA senator.  I went out and voted in the Democratic primary (this is, after all, Massachusetts).

On the way home I went out to find the Feeley geocache.  That's my fourth.  I'd been saving this cache to test out my Nuvi 255 for paperless caching.  It worked surprisingly well.  While the Nuvi doesn''t report particularly high accuracies as a practical matter it took me to within 4' of the cache location following the directions at http://geocaching.totaltechworld.com/index.html.  Very cool.


From Geocachin
The first photo shows the general cache location and the second the cache container.  I worked out how to load jpg files on the nuvi.  That should be useful for trail maps and such.  While it doesn't have the accuracy of specialized handhelds it is plenty good enough to start with.  That said I'm going to wait until after Christmas before buying anything else.

No response to the couple of emails I sent looking for geocaching buddies but we'll see.

Spent the rest of the day reading and dealing with the first of this years snow.  We're suppose to have rain and snow tomorrow so it looks like winter is finally here. I also took some time to look at the Matress Graveyard geocache and The Rock.  They are near each other off of Edgel road.  Weather permiting I'll try to get by there tomorrow.

Dinner was spegetti.  Mike said he was going to eat dinner with us and it was the only thing I had enough of.  I ended up making more.  Then he decided not to.  Oh well.

No comments: