Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Geocaching numbers 9, 10, 11, and 12!

Went out geocaching to get number 9 and 10 and possibly more.

The Mattress Graveyard and The Rock were quickly found.  Since this was my 10th geocache I decided to make a video to post with this blog entry.  Both caches were quickly found but I had a bit of misadventure when my camera battery failed and then the camera ran out of memory.  By the time it was all dealt with my hands were rather cold. Still both caches were found and I now have 10!  Yea!!



Since these were quick finds I decided to look for some others and drove a few blocks down Edgel to Nobscot Cagers.  This is just a few blocks south so off I went.  The cache was in an interesting little park that I'd never visited.  Easy parking and a fairly quick find.  Here are some photos and videos.  Following the day's theme of failed batteries the GPS batteries gave up just as I found the cache.  No harm though as I'd just found it.



Well since I was on a role and hadn't really walked very far, I decided to checkout Nobscot Woods.  I'd been intending to do this after I discovered where the parking was.  My original intention was to just checkout the parking to see if it was accessible in my car.  But, once I got in the parking lot and realized that the cache was only about 1/4 mile away I decided to finish my exercise for the day and see if I could find it.  Off I went.  I was a bit unsure of the trails but followed those that were readily visible until the GPS started pointing well off trail.  At that point I decided to just cut cross country.  It turned out to be mostly up hill although the walking was easily enough.  After about 30 minutes I found myself standing right on top of the cache.  My 4th for the day and #12 overall!



Well that's today's geocache adventure!  Oh, and the pedometer read 1.95 miles in the cold and about half up hill walking through snow!

Note to self:
1) Try to change batteries when I'm in a warm place.
2) Get bigger camera memory.
3) When it's cold, dress plenty warm.

No comments: