Friday, December 11, 2009

Delorme PN-40 arrived

My new GPS has shipped and is in Chelmsford.  It might be here today.  We'll see. 

It turned out it showed up!  Yeh!!  I'd read the manual online a when I ordered it.  Setting it up was relatively simple.  That said the critism that it is complicated is both true and false.  The PN-40 is a very sophisticated device with a large variety of features and functions.  With sophistication comes a certain unavoiadable complexity.  It took me the better part of the afternoon to get things going properly.  Part of the issue was with Delorme Topo USA and Delorme Cache Register.  I also got tripped up with Geocache.com (only 5 poket queries per day).  At any event I eventually got things sorted.

Dinner was left over beef strip on salad.

No comments: