Friday, December 4, 2009

Doctor, geocache, and reading

I had a doctor's appointment this mourning to check blood presure.  It was very good so the new dosage seems to be working well.

On the way back home I stopped to see if I could find The Leprechaun Coin Cache. The cache is located on a bridge over the Sudbury river.  The sight is lovely but I was not able to find the cache.  Google places it mid bridge and I walked across looking carefully for it.  No luck.  I also check under the bridge on the west end.  No luck.  The east end was underwater so no luck there.  I DNF it and will go back in a few days to check again.

After I got home I was curious about using my car Nuvi and downloading to it from the web site.  I nipped out to Staples and bought a micro SD and cable.  Turned out the cable was wrong but I had one upstairs. The micro SD card went in OK but seems inclined to pop out so I'm not sure I'll use it.  At any case I plugged the cable in and tried downloading several caches.  Things worked ok.  It seems that I get an icon for the parking area and the cache proper.  BB and I may try to use it tomorrow.

Dinner was steak with fresh herbs, sweet potato, French green beans with almonds, mushrooms and onions, and cranberry relish.  Yum!



 

No comments: