Monday, December 7, 2009

Messing with geocaching and nuvi

Spend the day generally messing about with my Nuvi 255, GSAK, and the garmin-nuvi-export macro.  I upgraded my nuvi firmware, downloaded Garmin's POI loader, and managed to follow the instructions at http://geocaching.totaltechworld.com/index.html.  It took a bit of mucking about but at the end I got all the pieces working and presto the Nuvi can be used for paperless geocaching.

Had some of the pork roast, sweet potato (they are gone now), and French green beans with shitaki mushrooms for dinner.  VERY nice!

I've decided not to go down for mom's birthday but will go down in the spring and then again at Thanksgiving next year.  BB and I talked about it a bit.

Called Bob L and arranged to have them over for dinner this weekend.

No comments: