Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Trying to get to 10 geocaches

8:00 I'm a bit sleepy this AM.  Not sure why as I got a full 8 hrs sleep but there it is.

After I got up I made pork sausage gravy bisquets.  Yum!  I'm the only one in the house who enjoys them.  They're very southern.  Just fry up a pound of pork sausage in a few tablespoons of bacon grease.  Dust with flour to adsorb the grease.  After the flour is browned add milk to make a white gravy.  Season with fresh ground pepper and pepper sauce.  Serve on top of fresh bisquets.  Very yum!!

Plan for today is to see if I can end the day with 10 geocaches found.  We'll see.

10:00 Went out geocaching to try several that I've not found.  Had 2 successes and 3 DNFs.

I started at The Leprechaun Coin Cache and DNF again.  I'm not at all sure where it is.  The coordinates are on the bridge.  I looked very carefully but without success.  The water is even higher than it was last time I was by and there is no access to the bridge abutments.  It may be that it is only accessible by boat.

Then I went to Wayland's Alpine Field.  This is a micro cache in a very public area.  Try as I might I couldn't find it.  I'll stop back by later since one of the photos gave a fair clue.

After 2 successive failures I decided to try Wayland 5.1 - Vespula's Cenotaph.  Success!   It was a nice walk although I found myself a bit winded walking up hill a bit.  Clearly I need the exercise geocaching provides.  Here are a couple of photos.


Wayland 5.1
It took me some time to find the hide but after 30 minutes or so I was finally successful.

My enthusiam returned with success at Wayland 5.1 so I moved on to The Great Wall of Kay?. This is another small cache.  I spent 20 minutes or so but did not find it.  I think it may be inside a rock.  I'll put it on my TBD list.

I then took some time to reconoiter the solution coordinates for Sudbury Garrison.  There is parking at the park off of 117.  It's about 0.25 miles from parking.  So I'll go back and try again at some point.

From there I went to Davis Farm "321".  This was an interesting walk and would be a good place to ski.  I was able to find the hide without to much trouble.  Here's the album.


Davis Farm 321

It was getting a bit late and I'd not had lunch so I called it a day.

6:00 I made roast chicken and vegtables for dinner.  Put it in about 4:30 for dinner at 7:00 as the bird was fairly large.  I seasoned the bird with salt, pepper, and cajun spices.  The vegtables were some of the red potatoes left from the weekend, carrots, onions, and brussel sprouts roasted in some olive oil and garlic.  When the bird was ready I made a gravey and we had a very nice dinner.  With that big of bird we had a lot of left overs so we'll have chicken again tonight and then I'll freeze the rest for other dinners.

As usual I took the bones to make a stock.  I've always wondered why people don't do so commonly, but they don't.  More's the pitty as home made chicken stock is so much better than the bought stock.  After the stock is ready I'll make a toca soup.  It's a favorite for colder weather.

BB and I spent the evening reading and watching TV.

No comments: