Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Out geocaching

Out geocaching  under overcast skys but no rain.

Started with a puzzle cache, Sudbury Garrison.  I'd solved this puzzle some while ago based on this monument:

The Monumet
The historical story of Sudbury is interesting filled with colonial era indian wars and the American revolution.  It's always fun to visit some of the sites where history really happened.  At any event I tried the solution and had a lovely walk.  Alas, I didn't find the cache.  Here's the route I took.
Route and profile
Flush with a frustrating failure I went along to Who Am I.  This is another bit of Sudbury history. Babe Ruth  lived in Sudbury for a bit and, alledgely, Sudbury is where the Babe Ruth Piano and Curse of the Bambino happened.  I've driven by here frequently but never took the time to do the cache.  Today seemed like a good day to stop at Stearns Millpond and walk over.
Sterns Millpond
As usual here are photos from today's adventures.

No comments: