Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Geocaching - Marlborough & Hudson

Rather overcast and rainy today but I thought I'd try a little geocaching.  Here's the results.


Listing Date Log Type Actions
Waypoint Type the rock 09 November 2010 12:53:00 Found it Found it Compose Log | Delete Note
Waypoint Type Where's the falls? 09 November 2010 13:38:00 Didn't find it Didn't find it Compose Log | Delete Note
Waypoint Type Falling 'Forth 09 November 2010 14:02:00 Found it Found it Compose Log | Delete Note

the rock
The rock was interesting.  I've driven by many times and never took particular note of 'the rock.'  But it's certainly interesting.
The Rock

More Rock
There are actually many painted rocks here in an area that looks like a hill was excavated and the rocks tumbled out of the hill.   The area is surprisingly trash free and interesting.  I started to climb up over the rocks but changed my mind when I realized how dodgy the footing was on loose wet leaves and mud.  I walked off to the side of the hill and took a safer path up behind the rocks.  My GPS was fairly unstable with the overcast, light rain, and trees but a bit of searching revealed the cache.  SL/TNLN/TFTC.

From here I drove over to the Danforth Conservation Land in Hudson where there are a couple of caches that looked interesting.  Parking is good for 3 or 4 cars.

Where's the falls?
GZ for this cache is just a short walk from parking.  The cache was in an interesting area with many good hiding places.  Today's overcast had my GPS jumping all over the place.  I spent about 30 minutes looking but ultimately DNF.  I'll watch it and return after there is another find to try again.  TFTC.

Falling 'Forth
It was a lovely walk along the brook to the actual falls and this cache.  It was up a steepish hill with footing today among wet ground covered with leafs a bit dodgy.  Finally got to GZ ok with my GPS continuing to jump around.  Found the cache after only a short search though I must admit I didn't get the clue.  Left  Crawford and Munch Geocoin - RetiredGuy #35 and took 2007 Red Jeep Travel Bug "Kiliguak Creek (AK)" Red Jeep Travel Bug. The view from the hill was very nice and worth the effort to get up. SL/TFTC.
The Falls

As usual I took photos and videos.  Click through to see the videos.


It started raining a bit more heavily so I decided to call it a day and headed home.

No comments: