Thursday, November 18, 2010

BB and I go for a 7 mi bike ride

One of the nice things about New England are the wonderful fall days.  This was yet another one with temperatures in the 40s, bright sun, and clear sky.  We've had many of those this year and it's a great treat.  BB and I decided to go for a bit of a bike ride.  Here's the path we took:

From 2010-11-18
We ended up on the south side of Willis Pond.  I've never seen this part of the pond and it was rather spectacular when viewed from the bluff above the pond.  We also noticed a public beach and canoe launch that I didn't know existed.  I continue to be surprised by the amount of water and public land around us.

On the way back we cut through the Hopbrook Marsh and rode out on the RR trail.  Even so we managed an average speed of almost 6 mph.  It's not much as biking goes I know but almost twice what we've been averaging.  A bit more of an improvement and we'll be able to do some of the bike club rides.  That might be fun.

Here are all the photos from today.

No comments: