Monday, November 15, 2010

Fall cleanup day

Summer is such fun.  We put the deck furniture out and enjoy the season outdoors as much as possible.  Alas, summer is followed by fall then winter.  In winter it snows here.  I like the snow.  It makes everything all white and new looking.  And, if you wait until sprint, it will melt and vanish in a blaze of color.  Unfortunately, snow and deck furniture are incompatible.  So today all the outdoor furniture  had to come in.  When you've got three large decks it means moving a lot of furniture inside.  It took Mike and I the better part of 2 hours.

Then it was time to deal with leafs again.  Now, don't get me wrong, I like leafs.  In the summer they help keep the house cool and shady.  Good idea that.  Then in the fall they turn such lovely colors.  I like that a lot as well.  Then they fall to the ground which is good in that it lets the winter sun into the house.  Unfortunately, they ones on the driveway, yard, and decks have to be cleaned up.  This is the part of the whole leaf thing that I think needs a complete rethink.  Mike and I spent another few hours cleaning up god's leaf mess since we may have an early snow in the next week or so.  It's the second time we've done it this year.  I'm hopeful that it will be the last but there are still many of those little buggers on the trees waiting for an excuse to visit the ground.

I suppose I shouldn't complain over much but leaf raking is not my idea of a grand way to spend the day.

No comments: