Sunday, November 14, 2010

BB, Marie, and I ride the Assebet

Went for a nice bike ride with BB and our neighbor Marie over to the Assebet and along the river then past Boon Lake.  It was a bit more than 15 miles, our longest single bike ride so far!  Here's the route:
Route and profile
Along the way we passed a stone marker giving directions to the Boon memorial.  Never knew the history behind the lake's name.  Now I do.  We had to go over Boon's Hill.  It was steep! 
Boon's Hill Climb!  Ouch!
I rode the whole way behind BB and Marie as they walked!  Got to love the really low gears on a mountain bike.

We went down the west side of the lake then back more or less the way we came.

Here are the photos for the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah,that was a great ride on Sunday. We had a lot of fun, though BB got a bit tired toward the end, as did I. Monday I went over to the Assabet, as a break from grading. A lot better than leaf-blowing!!! Can you send me that map of our route from Sunday? Thanks a bunch.-Marie