Friday, November 12, 2010

Caching - Here and there

Went out geocaching on this bright bright day.  Here are the finds!


Listing Date Log Type

Waypoint Type Candy store in the woods 12 November 2010 10:47:00 Found it Found it

Waypoint Type Gas Saver Candy Stop 12 November 2010 11:02:00 Found it Found it

Waypoint Type Trading cards 12 November 2010 11:21:00 Found it Found it

Waypoint Type RETURN TO SENDER 12 November 2010 11:38:00 Found it Found it

Waypoint Type Stones and Bones 12 November 2010 11:52:00 Found it Found it

Waypoint Type go green for a cache 12 November 2010 14:44:00 Found it Found it

Waypoint Type Island 12 November 2010 15:11:00 Found it Found it

Waypoint Type Green Monster - Framingham 12 November 2010 15:36:00 Found it Found it

I started with a couple of park and grabs in Bolton, Ma.

Candy store in the woods has been on my list for some time but I just never took the time.  Today seemed like a good day.  Parked at the candy store and quickly found the cache.  TN/SL/left geocards/TFTC.  As often as I've driven by on 495 I've never actually stopped for candy or ice cream.  Something to look forward to.

Gas Saver Candy Stop is just a short drive along.  I DNF this during the winter with lots of snow, overcast, and GPS bounce.  Today was much better and I found it with only a bit of looking.  SL/TNLN/TFTC.

With a couple of quick finds behind me I drove around to Lime Kiln Conservation Area/Rattlesnake Hill.

Trading cards was my first stop in this area.  It was near the trail head off of 117 and a quick find in the expected place though my GPS said N42 26.291 W071 34.057.  SL/TFTC/left geocards/picked up Travel Bug Dog Tag Cape Point Lighthouse #1 (LH5).  The stream was very nice.  From there I headed along the trails to my next stop and passed several impressive rock formations.

RETURN TO SENDER was next in the area.  I followed trails until I was reasonably close then bushwhacked to GZ.  I should have stayed on the trails as there was one within 30' or so from the cache.  Got passed along the way by a mountain biker going up hill at a surprisingly good clip.  Impressive.  There were several postcards in the cache.  I took one and will mail it.  Didn't have one to leave.  TFTC/SL/left geocards, then moved along.

Stones and Bones was nearby so I just bushwhacked over.  Fooled me again as there was a nice trail near the cache.  When will I learn?  Got to the cache OK and quickly found with the help of the clue.  TFTC/SL/TN/left geocards.

It was getting to be time for lunch so I headed back home.  Also I needed to take Mike to work as he'd had a minor accident and the car was still being repaired.  It turned out when I got home that the car was ready and all I had to do was drop Mike off at the garage.  After I went out geocaching in the area.

go green for a cache was first up.  I parked on a side street and quickly walked to the cache.  It was in good shape and the area was VERY clean.  I keep a number of plastic bags in my cache kit and carry out any trash I find.  Having a cache with a supply of bags like this one is a great idea.  TFTC/SL/TN/left geocards, moved along.
 
Island was next up for the day.  It's nearby so I drove over and parked at the access area on Simpson just off of Linda.  It was a quick walk in and I found the cache easily as I'd seen one like this clever hide in the past.  TFTC/SL/TN/left geocards.

Green Monster - Framingham Drove over to this last nearby cache.  It was a short walk in through lovely open woodland.  Framingham Highschool/Winch park are nearby and there are good access trails from there.  Several of the trails were blocked with recent dead falls.  Got to the area OK and found the cache.  It was laying in the open.  I put it back where I thought it belonged.  TFTC/SL/TN/left geocards.

It was getting a bit late so I drove home after a great caching day.  Here are the photos.

No comments: