Monday, November 22, 2010

Caching in Sudbury & Framingham

Today's exercise was a bit of geocaching in Sudbury and Framingham.

Listing Date Log Type
Waypoint Type The Amazing (Sudbury) Race 22 November 2010 11:37:00 Found it Found it
Waypoint Type Where's George - Framingham 22 November 2010 12:25:00 Found it Found it

The Amazing (Sudbury) Race
Route
 I'd run the first part of the race a few days ago.  BB and I had visited the pit stop but in a fit of senior "I really should actually read and understand the cache description" looked at the last waypoint for the cache!  Today I returned to search for the cache coordinates.  A bit of looking found them quickly enough.  I've biked and hiked in this area so was somewhat familiar with the trails.  A pleasant walk took me to GZ and I found the cache fairly quickly.  The cache was buried and had some water in the container.  I drained it and SL.  I dug a trench to let the hole drain to minimize further water intrusion.  TFTC/SL/TN/LN.

On the way back I stopped at the pond.  Beavers have apparently returned.  I've let SVT know since  they've stopped the pond drain and another eroding drain has opened.

The pondBeavers have blocked drain
Where's George - Framingham

Route to "George"
While I was out I decided to visit this new cache.  Wouldn't you know that I was just here 3 days ago twice!  Anyway I went back and quickly hiked in.  This trail actually goes over to the Nobscott Reservation.  Quickly found the cache and stamped a couple of Georges.  Left "Cape Point Lighthouse" and some geo cards.  TFTC/SL.

Cache today

Stamped Georges and Geocoin

All in all a great if somewhat gray day to be out and about.

No comments: