Saturday, October 11, 2008

Trip to Falmouth to look at boats

BB and I spent the day in Falmouth looking at boats and having lunch.

The Saber 38 was nice, but after looking more closely simply to small. The dealer, Tom from Boston Yachts, had a 42 as well. We did a brief trial on it and I must admit I really liked it a lot. The boat is also available as a sedan that could be almost ideal.

While we were there Tom showed us a 48' raised pilot Offshore trawler. It was really nice ($525000). BB and I both liked it. Unfortunately there is the issue of price, draft 5' + and height >19'. But by way of a live aboard it was perfect. Much to my surprise, BB volunteered that she liked the idea! That's a big break.

While we were there we went out to lunch at a nice restaurant overlooking the marinas and boats. Service was poor but the view and day were spectacular.

No comments: