Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Prospecting

One of the things about being a consultant is that you are almost always prospecting. Thus I spent the day making calls and looking for my next gig.

I'd expected to start at Citizens Bank next week but Walter Cunningham (Praxis-Advisors) isn't sure when that will happen. I'd really hoped that would happen because the pay is attractive and the gig is in Providence, RI so I don't have to ride airplanes or necessarily stay there every night. Since it's gotten a bit iffy, I've begun to entertain other opportunities.

I spent some time this morning with GD. They have been providing talent to Lincoln Labs for about 20 years and are currently looking for some help. I'd chatted with them a couple of years ago and nothing ever came of it, but we'll see. Unfortunately, there lead time is a couple of months so I doubt that anything will come of it this time either. Still, you never know.

I also got a couple of other phone calls this mourning about contract gigs. They seemed interesting so I'll pursue them a bit.

No comments: