Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Looking at boats

Spent the day looking at boats. It's rather harder to sort through than I'd imagined. In part because they are expensive and in part because I'm not really clear on what I want.

It took me a bit to realize the last. If all we really want to do is do the loop and then some seasonal cruising then a relatively small boat is altogether adequate. If, on the other hand, we want to do some extended live aboard then a rather larger boat is wanted. The trick is what do I want to do?

In part the issue is made more complex by a lack of experience. Both BB and I like the idea but as a purely practical matter do not have enough real experience to know what we would really like. Perhaps the answer then is to get a small inexpensive boat and use it to gain experience so we know what we'd like.

Heard from the agent re Datupia that they wanted to call. Not sure what is going on but it's worth a follow up.

No comments: