Sunday, October 5, 2008

Boat Show

BB and I went to the boat show (Mike stayed over Saturday night). I'd hoped to look at express cruisers and trawlers. There were a number of interesting express cruisers but not a single trawler. I liked the Saber 38. It has a great cockpit, good decks, good sight lines, and adequate accommodations. Not bad looking either but BB was less enthused. Even so I may go down to Falmouth to sea trial it next weekend.

Curiously,BB liked some of the Sea Rays! I'd expected the other way around.

After looking at several I liked some of the 36 to 38 ft boats. They didn't have the storage of the Saber but were still entirely workable and ultimately had a similar layout. There are a number of similar boats and, of course, there are MANY used Sea Rays on the market. Perhaps one thing to consider is buying one and try weekending/week long trips to get BB used to the idea.

Mike stayed over Saturday night without incident. I remain concerned about getting pulled back in but also about his future. He doesn't really seem to care and thus there isn't much that can be done to direct him.

No comments: