Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Looking for bike

I priced out the parts to upgrade my road Peugeot.  It still rides well but I'm not comfortable with the riding position given my back and neck.  I need a rather more upright riding position.  Suffice to say it's more costly to upgrade than to buy a used bike on Craigs list.  So I've been looking.  This time of year there is a good variety available.  It looks like a 20"+ frame, probably a mountain bike with road tires.  I've seen a couple that were nearly appropriate but none that precisely meets my needs.  Since I've got a bike to ride already I'm inclined to wait for something that does.

While looking at bikes today I found a nice Trek that would be perfect but it was a bit small.  I stopped to look at another that was advertised as large.  It turned out to be a small framed Cannondale for $30.  I bought it for BB even though she already has a bike.  It needs a bit of work so I'll let BB look at it and try it out then decide what to do with it.  If nothing else I'll use it for parts/trade.

No comments: