Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Geocaching - Mt Ward & Pine Cone Palace

Went over to Mt Ward and found Pine Cone Palace.  This is a nice family sort of cache with generally easy walking and good parking.  I'd tried this last winter but DNF.  Seems the cache had been destroyed.  In any event it's been replaced.

It was a bit cool as I started the easy walk in.  Found the cache where I'd looked in the snow last year.  TFTC.  Left a TB to encourage others to visit.

Since the day was so nice (45F) I decided to walk on to the top of Mt Ward to see the tree and photograph it with a TB.  I bushwhacked a bit up hill to connect to the main trail and then followed it up to the top.  Once I started climbing I warmed up plenty and was a bit hot and out of breath by the time I got to the top.  Took some photos and continued on the loop back to the car.

On the way home I passed by Wayside Inn and stopped to admire the foliage and mill.

As usual, here are my photos and some videos. If you want to see the videos you'll need to click through.

No comments: