Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Acer Cache - Found it.  SL/TNLN/TFTC.  I'd tried to find this some time back but did not succeed.  I decided to try again today now that I have considerable additional experience finding caches.  Just a bit of searching and I found it about 20' from GZ.  Very snow friendly cache with plowed parking nearby.  Cache camo needs some attention but it's otherwise in good shape.
Cache needs some attention.  From 2010-02-23 Geocaching

Stirrup Brook Trail - Micro - Found it.  SL/TFTC.    I parked on Bartlett St at N42 19.222 W71 36.599.  This is rather better IMHO than the trail parking coordinates.  I bushwacked in to the 'Micro' but the trail would have been much more convenient and quicker.  Here's what GZ looks like.  The cache is fairly snow friendly.
From 2010-02-23 Geocaching
Micro is down there fairly easy find.

Stirrup Brook Trail - Regular  Found it.  SL/TFTC.  Took "Camo Dan'o".  Left "Fujifilm".  This is just a bit further along the trail and a nice walk along the brook through some mature forest.  GZ was spot on the cache in good order.  It's a fairly snow friendly hide.
From 2010-02-23 Geocaching
Cache in good order.
From 2010-02-23 Geocaching
Took TB.  Left TB


Stirrup Brook Trail - Small - Found it.  SL/TNLN/TFTC.  This is just a bit further along the trail from Stirrup Brook Trail - Regular.  Along the way I made the mistake of going off trail and ended up having to bushwack through some very soft ground and detour around a stream.  Much better to stay on the trail.  Along the way I bumped in to a dozen or so wild turkeys.
From 2010-02-23 Geocaching
Turkeys through the brush.
From 2010-02-23 Geocaching
Lots of turkey tracks in the snow.

Just as I got to GZ another cacher came by, Peter of Devil Duckies.  We found the cache quickly and chatted for a bit.  He was hiking the other way on the trail so he and I hiked back.  Along the way he stopped at SBT - Regular and SBT - Micro.  He was on his lunch hour and I gave him a lift back to his car at the other end of the trail.


NNNNN - Found it.  SL/TNLN/TFTC.  I've visited this a couple of times and DNF'd.  Since I was near by I stopped again and found the button micro without any trouble at all.
From 2010-02-23 Geocaching

Xrossed's Xcave  - Found it.  SL/TFTC.  Took Golden Gilda geocoin.  I parked at the entry to the dump.  Not good.  There's better road side parking on Jacobs Rd.  I also made the mistake of bushwacking in through the dump.  Not good either.  Much better to go to the trailhead.  In any case I quickly found the cave.  Very interesting.  There was also a nearby pole structure.  The cache coordinates seem rather off.  I found it at N42° 21.4264' W71° 36.1419'.  Not snow friendly.  Hiked out on the trail.  Much nicer!

From 2010-02-23 Geocaching
The cave!

From 2010-02-23 Geocaching
The cache.

South Bolton Station - Found it.  SL/TNLN/TFTC.  I'd solved this puzzle a while ago and decided to visit today.  The motel has sensible parking near the rail line.  Just a short walk in and I spotted the cache.  That said, a better thing to have said would be $@@#*(($)&!#^!^%#.  Not snow friendly.

From 2010-02-23 Geocaching

DALE #8 (HUDSON) - Found it.  SL/TNLN/TFTC.  On the way home I stopped for this cache.  I was able to park on the street but there is better parking behind the fire station.  As always the memorial is thought provoking.  I quickly found the cache (not snow friendly).

As always I took photos here (no spoilers).

No comments: