Friday, December 3, 2010

Geocaching in Hudson

Today was a bit cooler with temps in the 30s and enough humidity to make it cool.  The mourning was fairly bright but clouds moved in late mourning.  Here's where I visited:
  I'd gotten a clue about Where's the falls? and decided to try again.  While in the area I tried a few other caches.
Listing Date Log Type
Waypoint Type Where's the falls? 03 December 2010 12:27:00 Found it Found it
Waypoint Type Wood Park 03 December 2010 12:45:00 Found it Found it
Waypoint Type WestRidge - Thanksgiving 2010 03 December 2010 13:17:00 Found it Found it
Waypoint Type something to do while the wife shops 03 December 2010 13:34:00 Found it Found it

Where's the falls? TFTC/SL/TN/left geocards
 
Third err fourth time's the charm.  I don't know what it was about this cache but I'd looked for it three previous times and DNF passing within 2' of it on the three previous efforts.  After a hint from Pack 4 Hudson I quickly found it.  FWIW, I think the coordinates may be about 40' off since I found the cache 40' SW of GZ.  My PN 40 was well behaved today with 9' accuracy reported.  I took several readings and they averaged to N 42° 24.2054 W 071° 34.6493.  In any case it's an interesting cache and area.  

Wood Park TFTC/SL/TN/left geocards
This has been on my list for some time and since I was in the area decided to stop.  What a lovely park!  It's a quick walk from parking along the river and past a really interesting bridge to GZ.  Cache is in good order.
Lovely pedestrian bridge

River was very pretty today

WestRidge - Thanksgiving 2010 TFTC/SL/TNLN
Not first to find but in the first 10, a first for me.  Nice easy walk to GZ with good hints though neighbor trees may be evil, the cache is in a very friendly tree.  Cache in good shape.

something to do while the wife shops TFTC/SL/TNLN
I was nearby and decided to stop for this cache.  It's almost a park and grab with a quick walk in through some sort of access path/road.  There was a fair bit of large trash but otherwise OK.  The cache was surprisingly wet though.

As usual here are all the photos:

No comments: