Monday, December 6, 2010

Geocaching: Chelmsford

Good to go geocaching on a bright winter day.  There is snow north of MA and west but for the next week or so none here so it's a good day to go geocaching.  Here's where I went:

Listing Date Log Type
Waypoint Type Gas Saver IX 06 December 2010 13:04:00 Found it Found it
Waypoint Type Gas Saver XIII 06 December 2010 13:17:00 Found it Found it
Waypoint Type Passaconaway / Lime Quarry 06 December 2010 13:55:00 Found it Found it
Waypoint Type One Part Lime 06 December 2010 14:24:00 Found it Found it
Waypoint Type Boula's Playground 06 December 2010 14:34:00 Found it Found it
Waypoint Type Solitaire 06 December 2010 15:02:00 Found it Found it

Gas Saver IX TFTC/SL/TNLN
Last time I was in the area I DNF this one.  But since it was recently found I gave it another go.  Today it was a quick park and grab.  The pond was lovely today with a few birds.

Gas Saver XIII  TFTC/SL/TNLN
Since I was in the area I took an opportunity to find this one.  It's a very short walk from parking at the cross country ski center.  

Passaconaway / Lime Quarry  TFTC/SL/TNLN
After my first two finds today I decided to visit the Lime Kiln area in Chelmsford.  I walked in and quickly found this although there was a lot of signal bounce in the quarry today.  Fortunately the cache was very visible once I was in the quarry proper.

One Part Lime  TFTC/SL/TNLN
After finding Passaconaway I bushwhacked over to One Part Lime.  I should have stayed on the trail and gone by Boula's first.  Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever learn to stay on the trail.  It was an easy find with the hint.

Boula's Playground  TFTC/SL/TNLN
After finding One Part Lime I walked back along the trail to find Boula's.  It was an easy find and the cache was in good shape.  As I was putting the cache back I heard an animal moving through the woods.  It turned out to be a white dog with a black eye patch.  The dog apparently picked up my sent on the trail and followed my path through the woods to the cache.  As I was walking back to the car the dog reappeared this time having followed my trail through woods where I'd bushwhacked to One Part Lime.  The dog put in a third appearance, this time with a dog walker.  

Solitaire  TFTC/SL/TNLN
After finding four caches at Lim Kiln I stopped at Solitaire.  This was a quick park and grab.

As usual I took photos.  Here they are.

No comments: