Thursday, November 19, 2009

Usual Thursday

BB and I spent our usual Thursday.  We got a late start since Mike's car had to be dropped off for service.  After BB got back we went shopping at Ocean State then got some fish (cat fish) from the grocer and coffee from Karma (Harare, Espresso, and Somalian).

We had an interesting experience at Ocean State.  If you don't know Ocean State it's a low end somewhat shabby discount store.  Prices are good though and they have some groceries and cloths that we buy.  BB got some discount coupons from the Internet and we used them.  What was interesting was what happened when we went to check out.  To make a long story short the clerk misrang a pair of socks, noticed her error as she was entering the coupons, and when to some trouble to correct it.  It was interesting that a clerk at a discount store would go to that amount of effort over a dollar particularly given our recent experience with other high end stores.

After lunch BB went out again and came back with more groceries.  When I asked her why she didn't buy them when we were out she said that she wanted to use coupons and thought I'd be impatient.  She was gone for rather a long time shopping I suspect at several stores.  She does like to shop.

Mike's got a second job at Sudbury Pizza.  If it turns into a regular thing then he'll quit DeAngelo's.

I've decided I need to be more active and out and about.  I've considered a number of things and am thinking about Geocaching.  It would provide some nice exercise and get me out more.

No comments: