Sunday, November 22, 2009

Geocaching

BB and I slept in after being up late with last night's dinner.  We enjoyed a relaxed mourning reading the paper, having a late breakfast, and spending some time with each other.

We went geocaching in the afternoon with John and Marie.  We looked for Tavern of the Damned Redux - Smiley's Revenge.  We found the site well enough but didn't find the cache.  The clue was a bit off as it referenced the south corner of the east wall.  What it really should have said was the south corner of the West wall of the fireplace foundation.  At any event both BB and I looked into a cavity there and didn't see the cache.  I may go back tomorrow to check it.  At any event we had a nice walk in the woods.

While on this bit of adventure I tried using my Garmin GPS.  It worked OK to a point but almost immediately showed low battery!  I'm not sure what that's about but it doesn't seem like a good device for this.  I've looked into using my phone as well but that seems like it's going to increase my phone bill $10/month.  I also looked into GPS units but they run anywhere from $170 to $400.  Amazon has a good one for $248.  It's expensive but I'm tempted.  I'll think about it a bit and then decide what, if anything, I want to do.

We had eggplant parm for dinner and some more of the Mozzeral salad BB made last night.  Yum!

No comments: