Saturday, November 21, 2009

Smoked baby back ribs and friends for dinner

BB and I invited John and Marie over for dinner.  I'd been wanting some smoked ribs and german potato salid so that's what we had for dinner.  The ribs were good, not my best but good none the less.  I had some trouble getting the smoker operating as I'd wanted mostly because the wood was not good.  I'd bought some hickory several years back and it's gone mostly to rot now so it isn't good for smoking any more.  I suppose I'll have to break down and buy some more or see if I can scrounge up some.

We had a bit of misadventure with the ribs.  BB had bought some St Louis style ribs at Shaws.  When I opened them the meat was spoiled!  We exchanged them of course but there were no other St Louis style ribs left so we got another rack of baby back ribs.  We also had some Shaws milk spoil and exchanged it as well.  That has happened several times now and I've decided to stop buying Shaws milk.

We had a nice evening with John and Marie.  John brought some beer over including some Fishermans which I really liked.  Interestingly, I'd sent BB out to buy beer and she came back with some Sams Winter and O'Doules.  Amongst the things the girl just doesn't understand is beer.  Sigh.

No comments: