Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bike ride with BB

Another wonderful spring day.  BB and I biked over to Erricson's ice cream in Maynard.  It turned out that there was a very nice route through the Assabet reservation.  Here's how we went:

It was a very nice ride of about 16.5 miles.  We stopped at Erricson's, of course, for ice cream then came back along the river before heading for home.  All in all a very nice loop.

This was the first chance I've had to use the new PN-40 software and maps.  All in all I'm happy with the upgrade.  Sadly, the USB cable continues to be a singularly doubtful proposition.  That said, the new software stores routes, etc. as conventional GPX files on a removable SD card so it's possible to just pop the SD card and use it directly.  Since it uses GPX files I can now use Google Earth to show the route, elevations, speed, etc.  I suspect it works both ways so I should also be able to store routes, etc from Google Maps, etc.  That opens up some nice options.

I took a video using the Flip camera Miriam gave me.  It's a bit rough but should give some idea.  Sadly, I fat fingered the return video via the river.



No comments: