Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bike redesign

Given recent events it seems a good time to do a redesign of the bike.

I've used Freecad (unstable but still usable) to redesign the bike this time paying attention to dimensions so that there are fewer surprises during the build.  It looks like this now:


I used the sketcher workbench in Freecad so there are MANY dimensions, angles, etc restricting the design. One measure that's not visible is the fork to rear axle (~900mm).

I also prototyped a seat to check angles.  Here are some photos:


A seat back angle of around 30+ degrees seems comfortable.  I do need to work on the shape a bit as some of the edges dig into my body.  A bit of checking suggest the seat ought to be somewhere between 24cm and 32cm.

I also checked my leg length and found a seat back to pedal max of about 1122mm.





xxx

xxx

No comments: