Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rapture report: world didn't end but Iceland has issues



Rapture day came and went and my plan worked perfectly.  Excellent wine.  Excellent wife.  Good time had by all during a rather nice rehearsal.

Of course Mr Camping must be a bit put off.  Interestingly, their web site is still up and showing 0,0.  What does one do under such circumstances?  Just say "my bad" and let it go or what.  Still things worked well for BB and I.

In related news, well sort of related, one of those pesky Iceland Volcanoes, you know the most active one on planet, is acting up again and there was a rather small earthquake along that always troublesome San Andreas fault where several thousand earthquakes occur each year.  I'm fairly sure it's not the rapture thing running a bit late but I'm going to keep track just in case.  Fortunately I've another very nice bottle of red wine on hand so we're ready on the off chance that Camping missed by a day.

In completely unrelated news it's gone cool again.  I want a "do over" on spring after all the cold rain and generally unpleasant weather we've had for the last couple of months.  It's a bit whiny I know but common now it's been going on for months!

BBs off with Mike today installing him at URI for the summer session so we are now officially sans children in the house.  I don't think things will change much since Mike's not here much anyway with school, work, etc.  Still it's a milestone of sorts.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: