Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Not just another Thursday

Today started a bit early.  BB had an appointment for some tests.  You know the ones where you need to bring along someone to drive you home.  Not a big issue but it did mean driving during the mourning commute.  I must admit that I felt rather smug while driving in heavy traffic in the knowledge that virtually everyone around me had to face it every work day while I didn't.  Being retired does have its advantages.

Unfortunately, when we got home Cindy, one of our pugs, had been rather ill and I spent over an hour cleaning up the floors and rugs.  Hopefully she's OK.

One of the things I've been interested in now that I'm retired is learning to play the piano/keyboards.  At one time I had a Casio keyboard but it's vanished, perhaps destroyed in the fire.  So I've been looking on Craigs list.  There are lots to choose from and all sorts of prices.  Since I don't know anything about such things I'm going to involve my brother and try to take advantage of his experience.

No comments: