Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Geocaching Tuesday

Another beautiful early spring day so I went out to do a bit of geocaching.

I started with MIHF.  Found it.  SL/TNLN/TFTC.  Even though it is currently 'unavailable' my watch recently reported that it had been found.  Since I was in the area today I decided to visit the site.  I'm glad I did since it was an interesting place, particularly with the description of the disaster!  It's a short walk in/out, only about 1300'.  The cache is in surprisingly good shape even though the container is broken.  I've sent an email to Revenge of the Den Leader so it can be replaced.  The cache is not snow friendly.

Since I was near Jaws of the Monster I decided to visit again.  Found it.  SL/TNLN/TFTC.  I'd visited here during the winter but wasn't able to park easily so I didn't attempt it.  Today parking was not a problem.  I tried the trail for a bit but since it was not headed toward the cache I decided to bushwack in through open woodland.  I quickly found the cache.  WOW, what a great hide.  After finding my courage I reached in and removed the cache.  Unfortunately, it isn't water tight and the log was wet and full.  The cache is not snow friendly.



Train Rock was nearby so I decided to visit.  Found it.  SL/TNLN/TFTC. The walk in was easy (about 1300' round trip) and I quickly found the cache (not snow friendly).  It is in good order.  




Even though I'd already had 3 finds today, none had required much of a walk.  So I decided to visit Want a Lift?.  Found it.  SL/TNLN/TFTC.  While the walk was not over long, the hill, oh the HILL.  I huffed and puffed my way to the top and walked into the woods.  The open woodland is easy enough to bushwack through and I quickly found the cache. It's not snow friendly.

As usual, here's a link to all of today's photos.  There are some spoilers.

No comments: