Sunday, August 28, 2011

Irene - Lots of rain

The storm is still well south of us near NY.  We've had heavy rain and occasional serious gust since yesterday mid day.  So far though we still have electricity and no issues.

Looks like Irene will track about 50 miles east of us.  Even so we expect some serious wind gusts and I'd not be surprised if we loose power.  Unfortunately, the current track takes the storm right over HB and Allen's.  They are on low ground near a river in N Hampton.  I'm a bit concerned for them as they are bound to get some flooding and loose power.  I spoke with HB yesterday and offered my generator.  Of course there is no way to get it to them right now but after the storm I'll drive it out.

No photos as there isn't really much to see except a lot of rain and occasional heavy wind.

No comments: