Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fire ComcastTV - New case for Ohio TV computer

Moved the Ohio TV PC components into the Antec 300 case.  This will give me LOTS of space for additional boards and drives if or as that becomes necessary.  Things generally went well but there were a couple of issues:
  • DVD drives I'd wanted to use were to large to fit.  The issue is the length of the drive.  I've a number of older working drives but generally they are around 7" to 7.5" long.  There is only about 6.5" of space in the Antec chassis before the drive hits the mobo.  I managed to get one DVD reader in so I'm ok for the time being.  Long term I'll buy a blu ray drive and replace things.
  • I wanted to pull the 37 GB sata drive and use it in another system.  Much to my surprise the boot tracks were on that drive and the 200 GB drive with the OS etc would not boot without the 37 GB being present.  I'll need to pick up some other SATA drives for the new build or make the 200 GB drive bootable.

To DO
  • Build new system
  • Finish the tivo slide support
  • Setup mythnettv properly
  • Buy and install blu ray drive in Ohio TV system.
  • Finish freenas install
  • Improve antenna.  Bow tie is better but could use better still.  Also consider array of fractal and large fractal.
  • Remove passwords that popup

No comments: