Saturday, June 4, 2011

Another great NE day

Great NE Saturday!

BB and I ran errands this AM.  Found some nice PEI mussels for dinner.

Got home and had a bit of lunch and read on the deck in the sun/shade.  Outstanding.

I worked a bit on repairing the knob for the whole house fan.  It split and wouldn't turn the somewhat stiff timer spring.  It's the sort of problem that's rather frustrating as the knob is clearly inadequately designed.  I'm surprised that it ever worked.  It's a 240v 24hr timer and a bit difficult to replace so I decided to have a go at repairing the knob with some epoxy and metal shims.  We'll see.

BB and I went for a bike ride around the area.  Did about 5 miles or so.  I tried to make a time lapse video but it didn't work well so I'll go back to time lapse stills.

The ride itself was really pleasant and we'll try to get out tomorrow for another.  Perhaps do the Assabet loop.

I did a bit of yard cleanup yesterday.  It looks much better.  With the neighbor's trees thinned I may have a shot at grass so I'm going to seed, etc. and see what happens.

No comments: