Monday, August 13, 2007

Sunday - boat day

Yesterday was spent working on Marc and Miriam's boat repairing some bright work I'd broken in a bit of a mishap. It's about 85% done now and I think Marc will finish the sanding and varnish.

I got out early today and finished up the lattice then cleaned up the stone and rubble from the recent yard work. I took a look at the old air conditioner slab with a thought to perhaps breaking it up to improve the look of things. A bit of investigation revealed that it's at least 16 inches thick. Why on earth anyone would pour a slab that thick for an air conditioner compressor is a complete mystery to me. But they did. I've already tried to break it up once with a jack hammer and had no luck, so given what I learned today, it's going to stay just where it is and I'll try to find some way to screen it.

I'm going to check the weather for tomorrow and if it looks good, I'll rent some equipment and prep the yard for the new lawn. It's a bit late in the year but I should be able to get a fair start and then reseed next spring to have a nice lawn.

No comments: