Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Continue with yard work

OK, so I've got some blog religion and will try to post daily.

I got up at the usual 6AM and decided to make some progress on the yard work I'd planned for this summer (walk in front of house, 2 stone patios, walk to back yard, clean out from under front steps/decks, put in edging where needed, put lattice around front steps/decks, and new lawn ... whew, I'm really tired now).

So far I've got in the front walk and 2 stone patios, cleaned out underneath the steps/decks, and done the edging. I've started on the stone walk to the back yard.

So this mourning I decided I'd put in another couple of stones and move the rest of the stones to where the walk is. Now, this doesn't sound like much work but these are BIG stones and the largest weigh several hundred pounds. Since I'm not a young buck anymore this is real work for me. The temperature today is actually fairly reasonable, around 70 or so, but it is wet and very humid. It took me about an hour to position and set the stones and then another half hour or so to move the rest. If I feel like it later today, I'll set another couple. I'm actually sneaking up on being done and only have another 8 or so to do.

No comments: