Friday, November 16, 2012

Coffee Roasting 121116

Did two roast today to test out the motor speed controller that I'm using to control the roast temp.


121116-1 shows that it is possible to control temp using the new controller.  The profile itself is less interesting though I did drive the roast to 2nd crack.  That said, I should probably have left the roast run a bit longer.

In 121116-2 I left both the heat and fan generally along to see what the roast would do.  It stalled after 1st crack so I increased the heat to drive to 2nd crack.   Also the 1st crack happened relatively quickly but took a long time to complete indicating that drying was highly uneven.  Likewise with 2nd crack.

Next time I roast I'll look to drying at 350 or so for the 1st 5 minutes then running to 1st crack quickly and then on to 2nd crack within 2 or 3 minutes.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: