Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's a snowy winter

This winter has seen a lot of snow and with yesterday's storm rain and ice.  I rather enjoy the snow but rain and ice not so much.  Mike's been helping with the drive and deck.  That makes it a bit easier to deal with things.  Unfortunately, the rain today is making a mess of things.  I've chipped the ice off the steps and deck but I'm not sure what to do about the drive.  Hopefully there'll be enough rain to clear it.  We'll see.

Had a bit of adventure last night.  One of the plows managed to break Comcast's cable so no TV or internet.  John and Marie also lost their CC phone.  There were trucks here until 11Pm but the plow had buried the CC box under about 5' of snow and ice.  We tried to help the tech find it and dig it clear but no luck.  It's back online now.

Today was a dentist day so I drove to Chelmsford to have my teeth cleaned.  Nothing of consequence, just a cleaning.  On the way home I tried to stop by the Asian grocer that used to be in Acton to pick up some soba noodles.  The key thing here is "used to be."  I'm a bit surprised that we're having trouble finding soba noodles in the local grocer, but they don't seem to be stocked.  I suppose I'll have to order them online.

With the rain it's a good day to read and generally stay in and relax.

No comments: