Sunday, November 23, 2008

RV v Boat

As I've looked in more detail into buying a boat and cruising, I've become concerned about the cost, particularly with fuel an unknown and the larger boats (50' +) we are now looking at. That's brought me back to thinking about RVs. They are
  • Much less expensive (300K + for a boat or the sort we are looking at 100K +- for an RV)
  • Get much better fuel economy (1 MPG for a boat, 4+ MPG for an RV)
  • Provide access to much more of the country (boats do need water)
  • Are generally much less of a risk to operate
There are a number of sites for RVs. I've started a web site to organize my thoughts.

BB and I have talked a bit about the prospect but she is almost entirely set against it. I'm thinking about renting one for a week as a test drive to see if she might change her mind.

No comments: