Monday, August 11, 2008

Last week - Looking for job and doing a bit of sailing.

Last week was spent looking for work and doing a bit of sailing.

On the work front, I've decided to work another year or perhaps two while BB and I get the house ready for sale and decide where we want to live what we want to do etc. I suspect it will take her a bit of time to come to grips with the issue of retirement as her life has been largely completely defined by work and children. So a bit of transition and sort of easing into the whole retirement thing seems like a good plan.

Tuesday Bob Landry and I went out sailing out of Boston Harbor Sailing Club. The day seemed rather doubtful with heavy overcast and developing thunder storms in Sudbury. It was so bad I tried to call Bob to see if he wanted to cancel. Fortunately, I was unable to reach him. While it was a bit soft in Boston when I arrived, it soon cleared, as it often does, and we had a really wonderful sail. I really must remember to do the sunscreen thing as I managed to get a slight burn.

Sunday, BB and I went down to Portsmouth, RI and sailing with Bob Zap, his wife Patti, and their three girls on the Moore Gooder. Bob moved the boat there to get a slip. While the forecast wasn't particularly good, the day was wonderful and we sailed about Mount Hope Bay anchoring behind an island for lunch. All in all good fun.



It's only about 1.5 hrs away so worth a think concerning where to keep a boat. On the drive back we ran into very heavy rain and hail just as we got to Sudbury but fortunately no damage to the car.

No comments: