Tuesday, August 26, 2008

 
Some 50 or so years ago I lived in Irving Texas. At the time it was a VERY small suburb of Dallas. Of course, over the last 50 years more than a little has changed and Irving is now a large town outside of Dallas hosting both DFW airport and Texas Stadium.

Business took me to Dallas and I thought it would be interesting to see what became of our old houses. So armed with my trusty Nuvi 350 GPS off I went to visit old haunts.

This is the first house we lived in. Three small bedrooms for a family of 6. But it was our home and I have fond memories of it. Of course, 50 years ago there were no trees and the look was much drier. But time and water will tell and here it is now.

The field and creek across the street are now an apartment complex and park complete with lake where the creek had been. Where there had been woods and fields there are now houses and all that comes with growth. Still, while really rather different it remains in many ways the same.

We moved from Larry Drive to Vance and this much larger house with 4 bedrooms. While I was taking this photo the owner noticed me through the kitchen window. I walked up to the front door and was surprised to meet the now much older people that had bought the house from us. They've lived there some 48 years. Imagine. We chatted a bit and they kindly invited me in to see the house. They've taken good care of it and it was much as I remembered it. If you want to see the video, click here.

No comments: