Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Geocaching

If you want to see the movies you have to click through to the web album!

Went out today to try geocaching in the winter.  Got my cross country skis out.  It's been a few years but I found everything OK.  The day was very clear and crisp with temps in the upper 20Fs.  Great but tiring day.

Desert Supply Station - Found it!  Finding caches under the snow is a challenge.  I think I could use some sort of a probe.  It was only about 750' in on a level trail from good parking but I spent 20 minutes finding it.  Here is the web album.



Try Town Junction - After finding Desert Supply Station I decided to go on to Try Town Junction.  It was quite a bit farther but after about a mile of skiing I finally got there.  It took me 20 plus minutes to find it but I did for my second winter find.  By the time I was done my feet were really cold and I was beginning to tire.  I re-hid the cache and started skiing back over 1 mi.  Here are the photos.



The ski back was somewhat tiring.  I met another skier out with his dogs and a woman walking her dogs.  By the time I got back I was fairly tired and my toes were bad.  Drove back the long way to check out parking for another couple of caches.

Notes:
  1. Wear snow pants so I stay dry.
  2. When panning camera go SLOW.

No comments: