Thursday, December 17, 2009

Geocaching and errands

After getting up and spending some pleasant time with BB I did some things around the house then decided to go geocaching when BB went out to run errands.

Without regard for the weather (15F!) geocaching . I'd hoped to visit three -  Annie Oak LeafGhiloni/Mello Supply Station, and  Brianna's 1st.  Annie was a DNF.  I spent 30 plus minutes looking around without success.  I think there is something bogus about either my GPS or the coordinates.  I'll add it to my DNF list and go back to visit based on this photo:

I think I can find the tree and presumably the cache is nearby.  Given that the description now has the cache on the ground, 6' lower, and it likely remains in the bucket it will hopefully be easier.  The other photo puts the location about 60' off of the grass area.

I finally decided to try for Ghiloni/Mello Supply Station.  Just a bit of hiking got me to the area and a quick search found the cache!

At that point I was getting a bit tired - 2 miles walking in the cold - and it was getting late.  So I called it a day.

Tomorrow I think I'll try Beyond the Stream and Tri-Town Junction or perhaps go back to try Annie's and Briania's.  We'll see.

Note to self:
  1. Study the arial photos FIRST and plan much more carefully.
  2. Don't forget to set a waypoint on the car and turn on tracking.
  3. When it's that cold wear a neck warmer.

No comments: