Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Roasting coffee at Karma

We are fortunate in Sudbury to have an outstanding coffee roaster, Karma!  Karma is an artisan small batch roaster.  Karma roast  roughly 30 different coffees and will roast to order!  In addition to a modest retail store, Karma sells online and wholesales to select local retailers and restaurants. 


After I retired, I began talking with Dave, the owner, about roasting coffee with a view to a part time job.  A couple of weeks ago we spoke and I'm not learning how to roast coffee!  There's rather more to it than I would have thought with considerable subtlety in running the roaster to consistently produce a top tier roast.  One of the great things about working at Karma is the chance to try different coffee and roasts.  I'm learning that there is a rather big of world of coffees.


Here's a brief video about Karma.

No comments: