Sunday, March 27, 2011

Another of those Winter in Spring days

I'm beginning to wonder when Spring will actually arrive.  The last of couple of days have been wonderfully bright and clear.  Unfortunately, the temperatures have been in the low to mid 30s during the warmest part of the day.  Hardly like spring.

BB and I went by the library to pick up books but unfortunately it was closed.  They've reduced their hours in an effort to save money.  Between that and the fact that for whatever reason we were out earlier than we have recently been on Sunday we'll have to pick up books tomorrow.

BB had dropped off some shoes at the cobbler in Marlborough last week.  I'll need to pick them up tomorrow as well.  It's interesting that cobblers are a vanishing trade since shoes are increasingly seen as simply cheap expendable things.  I find that curious as I've several pairs of well made shoes that are 40 years old and still going strong.  I suspect that shoes aren't made as well as they once were, but even so it is curious.  About the only shoes I replace on a regular basis are tennis shoes.  Not so much because I wear them out as I generally don't, but because they get so dirty that they can't be worn outside the yard.  I've tried washing a couple of pairs but they haven't taken well to water.  Perhaps the thing to do is to get shoes designed to be wet and wash them.

No comments: